FREEBIES and what's going on:

FREEBIES: None right now!

Like Scholarberry on Facebook here!!


I changed my email! Please email me at: eliora.vespera@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Virals by Kathy Reichs

"SUBJECT A--PARVOVIRUS XPB-19"

My Rating: 10/10

Publisher: Razorbill
Publication: November 2010
ISBN: 978-1-59514-342-6
Page Count: 456
Ages: 12 and up

Kathy Reichs' official web page
Virals official web page

The name Kathy Reichs was familiar to me from the TV series Bones but I have never actually read her books before, but I enjoyed watching Bones and I was hooked when the ARC arrived at my doorsteps. After settling in Japan, I finally got a chance to read it.

- - -

Virals is a story told by Tory Brennan, the nephew of Temperance Brennan. Like her aunt, she loves science. She is smart and bright, and the youngest in her junior grade. After a tragic accident, she moved in with her father in South Carolina.

With Ben, Hiram and Shelton, Tory rescued a wolfdog (combination of wolf and dog) that was kidnapped for some medical experiment. The wolfdog, Cooper, was infected with parvovirus. Parvovirus wasn't supposed to affect humans.

But it did.

And now, the gang gets physical gifts. Like seeing the details of a fly's wing or lift things that weighs a ton or two. But now that they discovered about the medical experiment, they discovered about an old story regarding a missing girl and a murder.

4 unbelievably smart high school students with abilities from parvovirus and a cold, evil murderer and the hired gunmen. It's kill or be killed.

- - -

What I love about this book: I should say that this is THE BEST science fiction book I have ever read. If people enjoy Maximum Ride by James Patterson or The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting, this is the book for you. It was unpredictable--just the way I like it. It was action-packed and Tory was clever. Mystery book is a lot funner with science. The plot was very well done--everything was very well planned and there was nothing unnecessary (in my humble opinion). I read it for 4 hours straight, because I couldn't put it down. I just have to keep turning pages because it kept me on the edge of my seat as I was trying to unravel the mysteries on my own.

What I dislike about this book: That in the end of the ARC...it says "Look out for Virals 2 in summer 2011." I can't wait THAT long. I just can't. It's THAT good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...