FREEBIES and what's going on:

FREEBIES: None right now!

Like Scholarberry on Facebook here!!


I changed my email! Please email me at: eliora.vespera@gmail.com

Thursday, July 29, 2010

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

"I'm not sure this is a world I belong in anymore. I'm not sure that I want to wake up."

My Rating: 10/10

Publisher: Penguin USA
Publication: 2009
ISBN: 978-0-525-42103-0
Page Count: 196 pages
Age Range: Young Adult

Gayle Forman is truly amazing. I read this book and I cried--it was just one of those books that truly touched a soft spot in people's heart.

If I Stay is a story about a girl named Mia, who plays cello. Her dad, mom and little brother all like rock music while she prefers classical. Even so, her family loves her--and she loves them--all the same. They click together well, even.

In If I Stay, Mia also has a boyfriend. The one who stays madly in love with her, even without having to change herself. Adam is in the band Shooting Star and he rock talks--just like Mia's parents and Todd (Mia's brother).

It was snowing and the school was canceled for both Mia and Todd. Adam was preparing for his concert with the popular band; Bikini. Mia's father, being a teacher, of course gets the day off, so Mia's mother took a leave as well for the sake of the family.

Then they all went to visit their grandparents--but something went terribly wrong. They got into a car accident on a day with snow. Everyone was rushed into the ER.

Her parents and Todd are dying. Mia's soul thinks of everything she and her family and Adam went through together. How if she's accepted to Juilliard, she will move away from Adam. How her first cello recital went. How her father changed because of Todd--and that it changed everything, too.

If I stay is beautiful and moving, simple yet filled with emotions.

What I love about the book: It made me cry and books rarely does that to me (Well, anything rarely does, except a really touching story, so you can say that books that made me cry are one of the best books written out there). Mia was faced with this dilemma and everyone else gave her the affection; it was simple and just plain beautiful. It was short, but it was amazing.

What I dislike about the book: Nothing; I love this book from page one until the end. It's one of my favorite books.

Here is the new cover for If I Stay:

If I Stay Official Page (With a sneak peek of the 1st chapter in PDF format)
Gayle Forman's Official Web Page

4 comments:

  1. This is one of the best books I've read and I'm so glad you enjoyed it too. It's an amazing book. LOOOOOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this story is truley amazing. Its full of heartbreak you can almost taste Mias fustration and sadness. Extremely Moving and well written. YOu will fall in love with it after reading just the first page. And the idea of it being similar to 'twilight' is false. this story is unique. Their is no battle between good and evil. The only battle being faught is Mia vs. herself. A intense book that is sure to move you. YOU WILL LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best books i have EVER read, i think there should definitely be a sequel!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...