FREEBIES and what's going on:

FREEBIES: None right now!

Like Scholarberry on Facebook here!!


I changed my email! Please email me at: eliora.vespera@gmail.com

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Huge by Sasha Paley

"Look, I don't want to be friends."

My rank: 3/10
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Publication: 2007
ISBN: 978-1-4424-1718-2
Page Count: 259 Pages
Age Range: Young Adult
Source: Publisher

Wil is a rich brat who doesn't want to exercise. Her parents owns Excalibur Gym, the biggest fitness group in USA. So of course, they would want Wil to be, you know, skinny. Fit.

But Wil does not want to be skinny. Which is the total opposite of April, who saved each of her penny to go to Wellness Canyon--the camp to be fit.

Wil and April ended up being roommates, and when both thought their summer couldn't get worse, they both fell for Colin (the only boy worth drooling and swooning over at Wellness Canyon).

Who will get Colin's heart and will Wil and April survive their summer?

- - -

I love the idea of Huge by Sasha Paley. I didn't watch the show from ABC as I don't have cable (nor I watch that many TV shows), so I don't know anything about the show. The idea is good. Opposites always attracts--in a way. But Huge's character is a little bit too dramatic for me. It's like reading a girl in middle school's diary about pure complaining. DRAMA.

2 comments:

  1. *Her parents own Excalibur Gym.
    *But Wil does not want to be skinny, which is the total opposite of April, who saved (every penny/each of her pennies) to go....
    *Opposites always attract in a way.
    *It's like reading a middle school girl's diary that's just full of complaining*

    ^^^Some slight corrections just for continuity.

    ---

    I would like to know more about why Huge's character is a "little bit too dramatic." I didn't see the TV movie either --- but is she happy with her weight? Is she just too lazy? How old is she (as you said she was like a diary full of middle school complaints). Are her parents really vain or are they afraid she'll get really sick in the long run? There's a lot to throw into consideration because I was thinking about reading this book but I would like some more insight into it.

    I could see why she's really bratty, me being over weight and all and being constantly pressured by my mom to lose weight, but my reasons are probably different than hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the corrections. Well....the characters were basically complaining in each pages. I tend to fall in love with books filled with sarcasm, but the whining were non-stop. Her parents aren't THAT vain. Her parents were probably the most normal part of the book. They didn't even show up much in the book.

    She's not too lazy. She's unreasonable. Because her parents sent her to the camp, she was determined to go and GAIN weight being in that camp with no reason that make sense whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...