FREEBIES and what's going on:

FREEBIES: None right now!

Like Scholarberry on Facebook here!!


I changed my email! Please email me at: eliora.vespera@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

"I realize only one person will be damaged beyond repair if Peeta dies. Me."

My Rating: 10/10

Just like The Hunger Games, Catching Fire also gets a perfect ten! It's an amazing book! Read it!

Katniss survived her Hunger Games. So did Peeta. Now she is back at home, where so much had happened.

Gale took a bit of rebellion, and the Peace Keepers wounded him. Katniss, now living in a rich mansion along with her family, tends to his wounds.

Then comes the annual Hunger Games. This time, the Capitol decided to do the unusual; they want to bring every girl and male tribute from each Districts that had won the title of Hunger Games. Old, or young. Haymitch does not count. It is Katniss and Peeta, the champions of District 12.

I think if I spill more than this...it'll be such a spoiler to the book!

What I like about the book: The new settings and Collins' imagination of the second Hunger Games! (the actual game Katniss played in order to survive). The characters grows more and more complicated, but if we read the first book we should be able to follow Katniss' line of thoughts easily.

What I dislike about the book: THE CLIFFHANGER AT THE END. Period.

I seriously can't wait until Mockingjay comes out! Everyone who HASN'T read this book is missing out so much! If it's slow in the first chapter of The Hunger Games, keep reading! It'll be one of the best books you've ever read!

Suzanne Collins' official website

P.S: Thanks, Scholastic (again) for giving me a chance to read the book! :) I finished it in 3 hours right after The Hunger Games! I couldn't stop reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...