FREEBIES and what's going on:

FREEBIES: None right now!

Like Scholarberry on Facebook here!!


I changed my email! Please email me at: eliora.vespera@gmail.com

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

"...And me, holding this moment that was as fragile as a bird in my hands."

My Rating: 10/10

I've always wanted to read this--not because of I seem to be getting into the "forbidden love" kind of stories, but simply because of the cover and the simple title "shiver."

I read it today, and I finished. In the beginning, it was..well, introduction. Prologue. Whatever you call it. But you read more and more of the pages, and it's becoming a story you know. The deeper you're in the story, the more you're touched by it.

It's pure love, not lust, no made-up drama. I understand that this is still fiction, but just like other fairy tales, this is one of the tales that would make the reader crave for the knight in shining armor; Sam Roth.

Sam is a werewolf, and for 6 years he has been watching over Grace. Wanting to be with her, wanting to be close. But also afraid that Grace will be scared of her.

Sam never knew that Grace felt the same. How she looks forward to winter, because only in winter her yellow-eyed wolf comes close to her view.

Then this year they meet. Finally. Neither Sam or Grace wants to let go, although they know that it won't last. They plunge themselves into their love, and they're far too deep in love with each other.

The only question is how to hold on to such fragile moments when any minute, it would all be taken away...

What I LOVE MOST about the book: The characters!! How romantic Sam was and how Grace is so unpredictable sometimes. How this book was written so beautifully and..and how it was just so full of pure love. It's rare to have a book that's filled with so many emotions that it would evoke this tender feeling to linger inside of your chest.

What I dislike about the book: Nothing! This is definitely my favorite book of all-time, now!

Thank you, Scholastic and Maggie Stiefvater (for sending the book for me, along with Linger, which I'll read right after I post this review..)

Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver Webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...