FREEBIES and what's going on:

FREEBIES: None right now!

Like Scholarberry on Facebook here!!


I changed my email! Please email me at: eliora.vespera@gmail.com

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin

"I cried because everything was broken and I didn't know what to do."

My Rating: 10/10

Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Publication: September 2010
ISBN: 978-1-59990-510-5
Page Count: 208 Pages
Age/Grade: 12 and up/7 and up

Avery opened her eyes and she was drenched in blood. Her parents' blood. Avery didn't remember what happened, except that it was silver and it wasn't human--it didn't seem human.

There's the pitying stare from everyone in school and around her. There's Ron--the officer who found Avery in the forest. And Renee, her grandmother who feels like a stranger now.

Everyone backed off when suddenly a part of her hair turned blood red. But not Ben Dusic, the new guy in town.

Ben had silver eyes.

The killer that drenched Avery in her parents blood was silver.

Who was Ben?

Well, Ben turned out to be a werewolf. Despite what Avery knows about the color silver, she still lets herself to be close with Ben. Worse, she wanted Ben like Ben wanted her.

Avery believes Ben. She trusts him.

But what if Ben killed Avery's parents? Or the other families who lived near the forest that were killed?

Read Low Red Moon to understand how in life turning points are bound to happen when you're in love.

What I love about the book: It's sweet and simple, straight to the point but mysterious at the same time. I like how Devlin portrays the conflict in Avery's mind in times Avery has problems. This is a very good book--Twilight fans will enjoy reading this.

What I dislike: A bit cliche about how fast Avery is attracted to Devlin, like Twilight...in a way. But other than that part, I love this book! :D

I'm sure this will be a successful debut for Ivy Devlin!

Ivy Devlin's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...