FREEBIES and what's going on:

FREEBIES: None right now!

Like Scholarberry on Facebook here!!


I changed my email! Please email me at: eliora.vespera@gmail.com

Monday, August 9, 2010

Poser by Sue Wyshynski

"After today, I'd speak up. Be totally honest. Even if it was the most awkward, embarrassing thing ever. Unless, of course, it was some life-or-death situation."

My Rating: 10/10

Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Publication: June 2010
ISBN: 978-0-8027-2094-8
Page Count: 278 Pages
Ages: Young Adult (12 and up)

MY (new!) RATING: 10/10

Poser is fun from the beginning and all the way to the end! Wyshynski definitely grab any reader who would read past the first page! Definitely a beach-read and a good book to reread for surfers and non surfers!!! :D


Sue Wyshynski's Poser Official Website

In High School, teenagers tries hard to fit in. In Poser, Tallulah Jones' first day was great she had the right clothes (Roxy head to toe). Her one (and biggest) mistake, though, was that she told a lie just to fit in. Jenna is the most popular girl in Tallulah's new high school and Jenna surfs.

Tallulah did surfed once...but it ended up very badly.

But the thing is, Tallulah told Jenna that she surfed. Through the hurricane waves. Now she's Hurricane Girl and the whole school knows it. Plus, she has to prove it--she has to surf with Jenna. Everyone's going to be there.

Tallulah decided to come clean...but can she?

Jenna was glad she finally has a surfer friend that's a girl. What will Tallulah do?

Well...she tries to explain to Jenna at times. But then there's Corey--Jenna's brother who's really hot and he's the guy who lent Tallulah his short surfboard. Unfortunately, Jenna broke his surfboard, her chance to be with him, her rising popularity and also her friendship with Jenna.

Hurricane Girl becomes Poser in no time.

Sue Wyshynski's debut novel is definitely fresh and funny. If you enjoy Elizabeth Scott, Sarah Dessen or Meg Cabot's novels, you'll definitely be captured in reading Poser. Despite Tallulah's desire to make friends, Wyshynski had created a fresh personality in the bookstore's shelves.

What I love about this book: I fell for the cover and when Bloomsbury USA sent me a copy, I knew I was going to love it--I read it in 2 and a half hours! It was very funny from beginning to end. In some parts readers will just be confused (unless, of course, they surfed) but since Wyshynski created Tallulah as a girl who only pretends, we as the readers get the explanations, too. I read something different (because I have no clue about surfing except the part that it's done in the beach, with a board and a surfer wears the wetsuit...) and I learned from it. Readers can definitely relate to Tallulah Jones because everybody needs somebody and Tallulah only wants her friend. In Poser, Wyshynski also describe how cruel high school can be, which can be pretty funny sometimes.

What I dislike about this book: In the beginning, when Tallulah wanted to come clean, her mind conflict stopped there. I think Poser would be even better if Tallulah's conflict was displayed throughout the novel--although it's well shown in her actions and words, I think a bit more of the mind-conflict wouldn't hurt... ;)

1 comment:

  1. I don't really like the cover. But I've heard good stuff about this book, so I've got this in my wishlist. Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...